Recipe│Pasta in Tomato Pesto

Pesto is one of my favorite pasta sauces. I discovered this recipe idea years ago and I finally revisited it when I was looking for inspiration for new pasta recipe. It's very easy to make and it tastes good! (中文)

Ingredients (Yield 3 to 4 servings):
140g pasta of your choice
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
120g pesto
Salt and pepper, to taste
 
Instructions: 
Pasta
1. Boil a pot of water and add 1/2 to 1 tbsp salt per liter once it is boiling.
2. Add pasta of your choice and cook until al dente and drain it.
 
Tomato Pesto
1. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil on medium and add zucchini, salt and pepper. Cook until slightly softened.
2. Push zucchini to one side of the pan and add cherry tomatoes, then let it cook until most of the tomatoes popped open. Stir occasionally and gently press tomatoes to help release the juice.
3. Turn heat low, then add pesto and mix well. Adjust seasoning if needed.
 
To Assemble
Mix the serving amount of pasta and sauce.
 
To Store
Store the pasta and sauce separately.

I hope you give this recipe a try. Adding a little twist to the usual pesto and you don't have to cut the tomato which saves a lot of time, haha! Let me know how you like it!


Check more recipes: Click here

Follow me on Instagram:asteffyo

Follow my food account:stefanii.eats



Comments