Recipe│Banana Carrot Bread

I love banana bread and I also love carrot cake. I thought...how about I just combined the ingredients and make something super easy. That's how this recipe was born. It still tastes like banana bread, the texture is between banana bread and carrot cake, and it's very filling because of the fibers it has. The aroma from the bananas kinda just let me decide to skip the classic frosting on carrot cakes, or it's just my laziness, haha. Let's begin! (中文

Ingredients (Make a 9*5-inch loaf pan):
1 1/2 cup ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 bananas)
1/4 cup carrot, finely grated (about 1/2 carrot)
90g unsalted butter, melted
175g sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of nuts or raisins (optional) 

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F(160°C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas and grated carrots.
3. Add butter and sugar, mix well.
4. Add egg and vanilla extract, then mix well.
5. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Gently combine all ingredients using a rubber spatula.
6. Grease a 9*5-inch loaf pan. Pour the batter and bake for 70 to 75 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
7. Let it cool completely before unmolding and slicing. 
 
Notes:
1. Using microwave to melt the butter so you have one less pot to wash!
2. Add some raisins or chocolate chips after step 5 for extra texture and flavour.
3. This recipe makes the bread less sweet than normal banana bread. Increase sugar to 200g if you like it sweeter.

I told you this was easy! It is perfect for breakfast or afternoon munchie or anytime you crave something sweet, and it's relatively healthy! I hope you give this a try and let me know how you like it!

 

Check more recipes: Click here

Follow me on Instagram:asteffyo

Follow my food account:stefanii.eats

 
 

Comments