Beauty│Riversol - 15-Day Anti-Aging Sample Kit

Riversol is a local brand in Vancouver created by the dermatologist Dr. Jason Rivers. It focuses on being gentle, effective and safe for sensitive skin. All products are made in Vancouver. (Information retrieved from their website) (中文)

I discovered this brand from their Instagram Ad where they were promoting a 15-day sample kit so I thought why not to give it a try!

I chose the Anti-aging sample kit for normal to dry skin. There are many options for different skin types on their website; I will also leave the link at the bottom of this post. I received the sample kit within a week if I still remember it correctly. They have really earned extra points by fast shipping and the amount of products they offer.

These are all the sachets. The instructions are also very clear on how to slowly incorporate their products into your skincare routine. (I have finished the samples before taking photos):

In total there are 1 exfoliating glycolic peel, 3 hydrating cream cleansers, 3 anti-aging reparative serums and 3 daily moisturizing creams for 15 days and all products have no scent.

One little detail missing is that there wasn't expiry dates nor batch numbers on the packaging. For this matter I even wrote an e-mail to ask them questions about this. The reply I got was that their products are made in small batches so all the products are still fresh when being delivere to customers. 

**My skin was super sensitive and dry when I was trying these products. When the weather is transitioning from winter to spring around February and March my skin reacts like crazy. It's peeling, sensitive and dry and oil doesn't even help at times. This review is based on my extreme skin condition.**

According to the instruction, use the cream cleanser and moisturizing cream only at night from day 1 to day 5:

Day 6 to day 10: use cream cleanser and moisturizing cream also in the morning and start using the anti-aging reparative serum at night:

Day 11 to day 15: use all 3 products day and night; use the glycolic acid peel after day 11:

Finally, product reviews:

Hydrating Cream Cleanser

It is a creamy texture, doesn't create foams and super gentle. I could really feel layer of moisture on my skin afterwards...which I'm not a fan of. It made me feel like I didn't clean my face properly. I've tried many cream cleansers and I haven't found one that I truly like. I like feeling nothing but clean without drying after using a face cleanser. It's more about my preference though.

One thing got me confused was that on the instruction it said to use a pea sized amount to cleanse the face which was impossible to me. This little amount could probably only cover my eye area on my big face. Lol.

I then checked the packaging, it said to use a dime sized amount of cleanser which made me feel like a normal person with a regular sized face. Haha!


Well, it really doesn't matter how much I use each time, I still can't deal with the moisture left on my face. Haha. I ended up using it only in the morning because I feel like there's not much chance to not clean the face properly. 

Daily Moisturizing Cream

The texture isn't heavy; it's similar to the toleriane ultra moisturizer from La Roche-Posay. It's quite light weight, non-sticky and absorbs pretty quickly.

Maybe it's because of the light texture, I felt a little bit insecure after the first application when my skin had been super dry. I stopped feeling the moisture about 15 minutes later. However I really wanted to test how moisturizing it was so I left it like that and just went to bed. You guessed it, my skin was pretty dry the next morning. Haha. I had to put on some rose hip seed oil to seal the moisture and sometimes I'd even apply the oil the second time right when I was going to bed.

Anti-Aging Reparative Serum

This is my favorite products in the whole kit! It's very light, non-sticky, and absorbs very fast. I really liked it!


Exfoliating Glycolic Peel

I haven't got a chance to try it (the sample isn't open at all in the picture) because my skin is still quite dry and sensitive and I'm avoiding any acids or exfoliators.

 

That is the review of the 15-day anti-aging sample kit. I didn't take any before and after pictures because my skin condition was sad.

For the Cream Cleanser, it's still a good product but it's just not for me (personal preference); I really liked the serum that I might actually buy it; the moisturizer is kind of innocent since my skin was going through a hard time and it's understandable that it couldn't really help with my extreme dryness. I might give a second chance to the moisturizer when the weather and my skin are both stable!

The amount of products I received was actually enough for a single person for 15 days if you use the recommended amount.

Riversol ships internationally including the sample kits. If you are not in Canada and thinking about trying these products, click on this link to get your free samples and sigh up for a 20-dollar discount!

Find the "Get a sample" button on the top right corner on the main page for a 15-day sample kit (and 20 dollar discount)!

It's been a while since I wrote an skincare review quite a while ago. I thought of creating this post half way through the trial. I hope you find this review somewhat helpful and maybe get yourself a sample kit as well!

Let me know if you have tried any products from Riversol and if you have any recommendations I should try!


Follow me on Instagram:asteffyo

Follow my food account:stefanii.eats



Comments