Beauty│2020 Q3 Empties - Products I've Used Up!

The third quarter of 2020 has already finished. I can't believe that 2020 just passed in a blink of an eye. I also can't believe that I've used up so many products in Q3. Lol. Let's check out what products I enjoyed and what I did not before Q4 ends! (中文)

Let's start with cleansers and body care:  


1. Softsoap - Honey Crème & Lavender Moisturizing Body Wash

I was expecting this body wash to smell like sweet lavender, but it smell more like a sweet baby powder. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but not stripping, just like all the other body washes. I don't think I'll repurchsae because there are too many body wash products I want to try.

2. Johnson's - Baby Bubble Bath 

I remember using it as a regular body wash when I was little because we didn't have a bathtub back then. Years and years later I bought it again for a bubble bath. The scent is very subtle and refreshing, good for babies. The bubbles aren't very foamy and long-lasting in my opinion. I had to use a lot of products to get enough foam, but I understand this product is designed for babies. I wouldn't consider repurchasing it at the moment since I've got other bubble bath I'd like to try. 

3. Briogeo - Matcha + Apple Replenishing Superfood Shampoo

This brand has been so popular and this product was so hyped when it first came out. Most of the beauty YouTubers I follow were talking about this shampoo at that time time and now no one talks about it. They all love the banana shampoo lol. Anyway, I bought it because I wanted to see if it's really worth the hype. I bought this bottle only instead of the value set because this is the only product I wanted to try! I think it's a shampoo that gets the scalp really clean and nothing else I felt particular amazed. The scent is really light and does no linger. I will not repurchase it.

4. The Ordinary - Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density

Obviously it's a serum to grow more hair. I have to admit that I didn't use it very religiously and that's why no result was shown. The instruction to use this product is to apply the serum evenly after drying hair. I feel like it's a bit too much work for me because I don't want to touch my hair after I blow dry it... and I do this everyday. I get really tired after this already lol, so I'd only use this when I was in the mood and when I got the time. I might repurchse it and take it very seriously to see if my hair does become more volumized because I'm no young girl and I have more hair loss now.

5. Moroccanoil - Color Depositing Mask #Rose Gold

This is a really fun products that doesn't work for dark hair! I know I got a really light shade that's not supposed to work for dark hair, but I believe if your hair is as black as mine, you really don't need to spend money on this product regardless what color you choose. The way to use this product is to apply it to towel dried hair and wait for 8-ish minutes. Rinse it off and you shall see the color. It lasts for a week or two depends on how often you wash your hair. The scent is strong but I quite liked it. I will not repurchase it; I would just get a regular hair mask.

6. The Body Shop - Atlas Mountain Rose Body Cream  

My ride-or-die body cream and my signature scent when I used to live in a big shared house. Woodsy Rose scent smells divine to me. I LOVE it so much! I've been using it for years and it has always been my favorite! However it's been out of stock for months which makes me very, very worried. I will hoard this item like crazy when it's back in stock. I know it!

7. The Body Shop - Piñita Colada Body Butter

It made me thirsty for a Piña Colada! It's coconuty and also got the sweetness of the pineapple. I really enjoyed the scent and the moisturization. However, it's limited edition...I couldn't buy it anymore even if I want to. 

8. The Body Shop - Zesty Lemon Body Yogurt

There are two empty bottles. You are correct! I got it in Mid-August, and I've used up 2 bottles already. As a fanatic of The Body Shop's body product, this is the first time I tried their body Yogurt lol. It is super lightweight that I wasn't really used to the texture in the beginning. It feels like water when it touches the skin. The scent is a dry lemon scent and it disappears the moment your skin absorbs it which is like immediately lol. It peels if I applied a second layer for more moisture, so for me it is only good in really hot summer days. That is why I have been using it so fast so that I can switch to a thicker body cream when it gets cooler. I will not repurchase this product because I still prefer creamy body moisturizers. I really wish they had made it in a thicker formula.

9. Dr. Teals - Eucalyptus & Spearmint Body Lotion

I purchased this body lotion because I was so in love with the eucalyptus and spearmint epsom salt. The sweet eucalyptus scent smells so damn good; it lingers in my hair the next day and it keeps my bathroom smelling awesome for days. I'm just so obsessed with the scent, so when I saw this body lotion in store, I brought one home with me immediately. It smells just like the epsom salt but less strong. It's very light weight and it peels when I want to apply a second layer which is why I also used it up before summer ends. There's not a high chance I would repurchase it because hey... I'm still a die hard fan for The Body Shop when it comes to body products! Now the product I want to try the most from Dr. Teals is eucalyptus and spearmint body wash which I've never seen it in store in Vancouver. There are only a few options on Amazon and the price is ridiculous. If you have tried it, please let me know how you liked it. If you interested in buying it, I've got the link for you: link to product.

10. Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse Multi-purpose Dry Oil

This is (or used to be) a popular product in Taiwan. I got this bottle when I was in Paris and the price was way cheaper there. This dry oil is very suitable for body and hair; it is not sticky and the scent is light floral that lasts for a few hours as I remembered. It's written on the bottle that it is also for the face, but I did not use it that way because of the fragrance. I mostly used it as a hair oil. I will consider repurchasing if it's on sale. 


Following by makeup and a hand cream that I forgot from the previous section:


11. The Body Shop - Berry Bon Bon Hand Cream

It is a limited edition for Christmas if I'm not mistaken. It has a light and sweet berry scent. It's quite moisturizing and not sticky at all. I really loved it! Would repurchase if they bring it back.  

12. Covergirl - Clean Professional Loose Powder #105 Transluscent Fair

I'm never too picky about setting powders. I got this one simply because it was on sale and I liked the name "Clean Professional". Doesn't it just sound good? I think it is a ok loose powder that gets the job done and it's not too dry. It works totally fine on my sensitive skin. However, I think the color is slightly darker than I would like since I got it in transluscent fair. It's not a big deal for me though; I've already purchased another one.

 

13. Garnier - Ombrelle Ultra-Light Cream SPF60 Face

This has been my favorite sunscreen for years and it's the only one I have been continuously using ever since I discovered it. It's hydrating, non-greasy, doesn't have a white cast, and doesn't clog my pores. It is perfect under makeup. I think they reformulated it with a hydrating formula and yes, I've got the new one already!

 

Here we are checking out some skincare products:


14. Neutrogena - Deep Clean Facial Cleanser Normal to Oily Skin

I think it is a classic face wash from Neutrogena. I remembered myself using it as a teenager. It gets the face very clean. Most of the time I used it during night time because it has salicylic acid. I would repurchase it from time to time just to feel the nostalgia.

15. Vichy - Prueté Thermale One Step Cleanser Sensitive Skin 

This is such a gentle cleanser that doesn't work for me at all. Lol. The formula is too greasy and it is so hard to get that feeling out of my face. I just couldn't get it to work. I ended up mixing it with epsom salt and using it as a body scrub; that way I could finish this product much faster. I will not repurchase it because of how oily it is. 

16. Avène - Hydrance Aqua-Gel

The name is called aqua-gel, but its moisturization is on the heavier side if you compare it to other gel creams. I quite like it though. I think it is a bit much for oily skin especially in humid summer time in Taiwan. If you have really oily skin, I'd recommend next product from Vichy. There's a 70% chance I would purchase this aqua-gel.

17. Vichy -  Aqualia Thermal Light

For some reason I have so many samples of this product lol. It's very light weight and non-greasy at all. The only thing I don't like that much is that it's a bit too fragranced. The chance of me repurchasing this product is 50%; I feel like all I have to do is keep receiving the samples.

18. Kiehl's - Vital Skin-Strengthening Hyaluronic Acid Super Serum 

It's been such a hyped product in Taiwan. It smells like a carrot to me. It's pretty hydrating, but I couldn't see much results since I've only got a small sample. I would like to consider a full-size bottle to test it out. 

19. Shiseido - Ultimune Eye Power Infusing Eye Concentrate

This eye concentrate focuses on reducing fine lines around the eyes. Well, I did not see anything happening around my eyes. It's hydrating but I still had to use a cream to seal the hydration. As lazy as I have always been, I prefer an eye cream, so I have no desire to repurchase it.

20. La Roche-Posay - Toleriane Sensitive Fluide

These samples were given to me by a sweet drugstore staff. It's a gentle and hydrating lotion. I used it in summer in Canada; it's not moisturizing enough for my skin if I used it in the night. I probably won't purchase it; I'll get the cream instead, haha!

21. DHC - Retino A Essence

DHC is a Japanese skincare brand and some of their products are available in North America. I don't think this product is available here yet as I couldn't find any links. I got it when I was in Taiwan. It is an anti-aging essence cream. I didn't really use it religiously before so I didn't see any results. Recently I've started to use it regularly and hopefully I'll see my skin become more youthful (I did purchase a bit too many, so I need some time to use them all up lol). Although it is a product that contains acid, it's actually pretty hydrating at the same time, not drying at all. I'll see how it works on my skin and decide if I'll buy it again!

22. Clinique - Clinique iD Moistrizing Lotion + Cartridge for Lines and Wrinkles

You probably don't know it if you live in North America. The price of Clinique products is acutally a lot higher in Taiwan. This is my second bottle and I used it on my neck. For some reason the Clinique moisturizing lotion just doesn't cooperate well with my face, but my neck loves it. I have no complaints about this product and 80% of a chance I'll repurchase it if it's not discontinued. I noticed that the Clinique iD range was on sale on Sephora a while ago and it got me a little bit worried.

23. La Roche-Posay - Toleriane Ultra Cme

I've used up many bottles of this moisturizer. It is soothing and makes my skin happy. I also traveled with it in Taiwan in the beginning of this year (not now of course...). I just really love this product. If you are looking for something gentle and soothing for your sensitive skin, definitely give it a try! I will of course repurchase it.

24. CeraVe - Moisturizing Cream for Normal to Dry Skin

YouTube made me buy it! I was having a hard time on my face in spring that my skin was so rough, dry patches all over and whatever I put on my skin would burn the hell out of it. Nothing worked at that time. When I saw it in the drugstore I thought why not give it a try since it's only CAD8. I was really amazed! In the beginning it really helped so much with the irritation on my skin; it's an absolute skin savior. However, when my skin gradually went back to normal it became too heavy. Afterwards I used is as my eye cream and also applied to the joints on my body. It has quite an obvious silicony feel to it, but it doesn't irritate my skin nor clog my pores. I think there's 75% of a chance I'll get another one in winter.

25. Kiehl's - Ultra Facial Cream

This one is such a classic. I don't know why this was the first time I bought a full-size. It's moisturizing, not greasy, doesn't peel when I applied a second layer. I've already got another tub of 125ml.

26. The Ordinary - Buffet

I think it is one of their best sellers. It's cheap but the quality isn't bad. It's my second bottle. It is hydrating, works well under other skincare products and makeup. I know some people say that the hyaluronic+B5 serum can peel under other products, but this one doesn't. A high chance I'll repurchase it. 

27. Vichy - Mineral 89 Skin Fortifying Daily Booster

This one is at least my 3rd bottle! I took it with me to my trip in Taiwan earlier this year. It's so soothing, hydrating, and calming and my skin just loves it so much. It with toleriane ultra crème from La Roche-Posay (No. 23) are my go-to skin saviors. You better believe I will repurchase it. Haha!

 

Let's talk about a little bit of oral care:


 

28. Oral-B - Glide Pro-Health Deep Clean Floss

29. Oral-B - Glide Pro-Health Advanced Floss

I wrote a post 3 years ago talking about my favorite flosses (no link here because it's in Chinese. Sorry!) and the Glide range from Oral-B has been my favorite ever since. I haven't been able to go back to the Oral-B essential floss which was the very first favorite of mine because I just love Glide too much. The material feels more durable, and it is wider than other floss which makes it so easy and comfortable to clean between the teeth. Whatever type of Glide would work wonder for me. I normally buy the one that's on sale. I already have backups of it!

30. Colgate - Total Anticavity Fluoride Mouthwash

Currently my favorite mouthwash. I like that it helps repair minor daily damage. I honestly don't know if it really works that way, but it makes me feel good anyway. It's no alcohol and the cooling sensation isn't too strong. I will repurchase it if I see it.

 

Lastly it's essential oils: I am moving this month so I'm trying to finish as much stuff as possible. I finished all my essential oils whch I'm proud of myself lol.


31. Victsing - Lavender Essential Oil

This lavendar oil came from a set of 6 different scents and this is the last one I finished. I've always really liked lavender oil, especially to diffuse it when I sleep. I feel like I get an extra nice sleep everytime I smell lavender when I'm in bed (No kidding!). However I am not considering repurchasing essential oils from this brand now because I need to find out if it's the oils from this brand that make some of my stuff near the difuser sticky.

The essential oils from Victsing are quite affordable. This is the set I got if you are interested: Essential oil set.

I also use their diffuser and I really liked it: Diffuser I use.

32. Poya - Cedarwood Himalayan Essential Oil

I frigging love cedarwood scent. It and eucalyptus oil are my No. 1 favorites! Woodsy scent is just so calming and comforting, but you only need 1 to 2 drops. It doesn't smell as pleasant when it gets too strong. I like to add 2 drops of cedarwood oil with many drops of eucalyptus oil to my diffuser. I am repurchasing it once I move in to my new place!

33. Nature's Gate - Lemon Essential Oil

I recently discovered my love to lemon essential oil. It's a very refreshing and comfortable scent. Will repurchase it after the whole moving situation is done. (Stressful rn.)

34. Nature's Gate - Eucalyptus Essential Oil

My all-time favorite scent is eucalyptus. I have no second thought; I will repurchase it and I hope I can get a big bottle since I just want to use it all the time!


This is everything from my 2020 Q3 empties. If you have any comment or there's any products you'd like me to try, please leave me a message! I wish you all a lovely day! 


Follow me on Instagram:asteffyo

 

 

Comments